7 Useful Winter Skin Care Tips for Glowing Skin
Winter is the season that is loved by many. But, this chilly season which we enjoy so much takes a toll on our skin. In the summer season, we take precautions to protect our skin against harmful UV rays. Likewise, there are some winter skin care tips you should follow to keep your skin healthy during winters. So, what skin problems occur in the winter season? The cold weather and low humidity levels result in dry air, which takes away the moisture from the skin. This results in dry skin, flakes, itching, redness, cracking and bleeding. But, you can avoid all of these skin problems if you cleanse and moisturise your skin regularly. Let’s explore more!
Winter Skin Care Tips to Keep the Skin Glowing in the Chilly Weather
- Cleanse your face two times a day to keep your skin healthy and glowing during the winters. In this chilly weather, skin becomes dry and to prevent excessive dryness; you can cleanse your face with cold milk and cotton ball.
- Scrubbing is an essential part of a beauty routine. You should scrub your skin at least once or twice a week. It is best to make a homemade scrub because the natural ingredients used in the scrub will help moisturise your skin. Take four to five almonds and blend them in a blender. Blend until you get a fine powder. Now, mix 8 to 9 drops of almond oil and two tablespoons of honey to the almond powder. Combine the mixture and gently scrub your face in circular motions for two minutes. Rinse with cool water.
- One of the essential winter skin care tips is to use a toner for your skin. You should always use a toner that is mild and suits your skin. You can also prepare a homemade toner to keep your skin away from harsh chemicals. Toning helps in removing dirt from the face and soothes the skin. It not only tightens the skin but also keeps it moisturised. So, apply toner on your skin daily before going to sleep.
- In the winter season, skin becomes too dry which causes many more problems such as itching, redness, flakes and so on. It is essential to keep the skin moisturised in this chilly season. And that is why you should moisturise your skin daily. Use natural moisturisers like extra virgin olive oil or almond oil to keep the skin nourished and hydrated. Alternatively, you can mix coconut oil or almond oil with your regular lotion or cold cream.
- In winters, we drink less water because we consume more of hot beverages like tea and coffee. However, our skin needs to be hydrated and so you must drink plenty of water throughout the day even in the winter season. You can also drink warm water with lemon to keep yourself fresh and hydrated.
- In the winter season, your skin needs to be hydrated from the inside out. That is because, in this season, the cold wind steals moisture away from the skin and makes it dry. On the other hand, we don’t drink enough water during the winters to keep our skin hydrated. So, first of all, you must drink at least 8 glasses of water every day in the winter season. And second of all, you should eat foods high in water content that can keep your skin hydrated and nourished. Add watermelon, apples, oranges, kiwi, celery, tomatoes, carrots, zucchini, flaxseeds, lemons, fatty fish and broccoli to your diet to keep your skin glowing and healthy. This is one of the easiest winter skin care tips to follow.
- Homemade hydrating masks can provide moisture to the skin required in the winter season. Use natural moisturising ingredients like avocado, yoghurt, honey, almond oil, jojoba oil, banana, Aloe Vera and olive oil to make DIY winter masks.
Here are some of the homemade winter masks you can make quickly.
- Take a piece of ripe papaya, banana and two tablespoons of honey. Blend all the ingredients. Apply the paste on your skin and rinse off after 15 minutes.
- Take one cup each of yoghurt and buttermilk. Mix well and start applying the mixture all over your body. Leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse off with water.
- Take ½ avocado and mash it well. Add two tablespoons of honey to it. Allow it to dry for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off with water.
- Take virgin coconut oil and massage it onto your skin. Massage until it gets absorbed into the skin. Do not wash it off.
- Take two tablespoons honey and add the juice of half a lemon to it. Blend well and apply it on your face with a cotton ball. Let it stay on your skin for 10 minutes. Rinse off with water.
Read More: HOW TO GET RID OF DARK CIRCLES?
Also visit a salon regularly for body polishing for a glowing skin. And follow these tips to keep your skin nourished and healthy in the winter season. If you know any other winter skin care tips, do share with us in the comments section below.